Saturday, August 31, 2013

Psalm Challenge 119

have kept with the weekly psalm challenge, a bite by bite, byte by byte, cyber religiosity meets worldwide friendships and spreading word of culture, beliefs, songs with universal meaning, no matter how your underlying belief systems is constructed, formed.
robert at daily athens was hosting and stopped not for lack of trying. his faithful hosting was an inspiration in itself. This is always dedicated to him and his family. like other bloggers i follow and have followed, i respect them all their viewpoints, perspectives, photos, reporting and rants.
so i have kept this up and will continue until i run out of numbers or steam, whichever is the precedent.
mary gerdt, monkton, vermont


Psalm Challenge 119

Psalm 119

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)




 

119 In my trouble I cried to the Lord: and he heard me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
2 O Lord, deliver my soul from wicked lips, and a deceitful tongue.
3 What shall be given to thee, or what shall be added to thee, to a deceitful tongue?
4 The sharp arrows of the mighty, with coals that lay waste.
5 Woe is me, that my sojourning is prolonged! I have dwelt with the inhabitants of cedar:
6 My soul hath been long a sojourner.
7 With them that hated peace I was peaceable: when I spoke to them they fought against me without cause.

 

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA) by Public Domain









addendum: photos from french-indian war reenactment. jasper sean our beloved little black lion, and a shadow box with this quote: "I think that feelings are wasted on words. I think they should be distilled into actions which bring results." Florence Nightingale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!