Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Monkton Chronicles: For the record

Monkton Chronicles
2.7.12


I am a Monkton citizen.

For the record, I have tried to participate in town matters

By reading the minutes, responding, writing the selectboard

Many times.

Many, many times.

Still, all I have ever seen recorded in minutes

Is one excerpt from a letter I sent last year that no one found until I told them it was sent?

For the record, I do not believe in Tax sales or the 8% late penalty, or having a delinquent tax collector.

I believe the town clerk should be able to make what few phone calls need to be made.

I do not believe in annual tax sales.

For the record, I believe town offices should be open all day every day via web based

Real time Information posting.

I believe the town minutes should reflect what was discussed, not “those who were present discussed among themselves”.

I find myself at work again, unable to get to meetings but willing to write my heart out,

Like I have done for several years.

Still the selectboard seems deaf to my rants.

For the record,

I will not stop.


Mary Gerdt

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Never stop being who you are and always will be. Even if people don't seem to listen for you maybe saying, what many are a afraid to say out loud! History is proof enough of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary, I appreciate the vote of confidence. Have a great week!mary

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!