Sunday, March 24, 2013

#1

11.19.2009
letter the addison independent



Hello,

My name is Mary Gerdt. I read your paper regularly online.

I did however hear a rumor your newspaper printed one or several legal notices in the Pay newspaper to sell some or all of my Monkton property at a tax sale. I am eager to see what this looked like and what they were selling. Also how many times and dates of publication.

I was never noticed about this in any way. My husband, wishing to protect me, paid the bill but the damage to my reputation remains, without my knowing.

I wonder how any of you would feel if this happened. I do not want this in the newspaper until I better understand what happened. Could you send me an image of the legal notice you posted? Are you aware that a town may sell your property without so much as a courtesy call?

And publicly humiliate you by publishing "tax sale" after being 9 months arrears when others seem to have 5 years of back bills.

 

I am searching for truth and wish no more public posting of my name without my knowledge.

Sincerely,

 

 

 

Mary E. Gerdt
alvarita1@aol.com
traveloguefortheuniverse.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!