Sunday, August 1, 2010

Perfect weather

This weekend was one we could call perfect weather. 70's, not too humid, breezy, some clouds.
I tried to weed the corn but the weeds fought hard. I did 4 rows and the sunflower row.
Some weeds in the onion patch made me just give up. Otherwise I weeded the onions until I couldn't take the sun anymore.
August first, the swallows are pushing their first born pretty hard now. Second broods are still in the nest and will have to fly in less than a month to points south. The swallows look pretty good. Perhaps that is because we have seen so few bats.
The starlings are flying in formation. The coyotes are howling at night- so eerie.
The great blue heron flies over and lets us admire him on the way. Such a graceful being.
Not many airplanes today. The sky looks more blue.
The Rose of Sharon is blooming.

2 comments:

  1. That's nice, a normal kind of day.

    I have egyptian onions, very unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. We had a patch of those walking onions.Mary

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!