Friday, July 30, 2010

Yellow

Yellow.

I remember marveling at Randolph Hearst’s mansion built from nickels paid for copies of the newspaper.


Yellow journalism.


Lie, stretch, bend the truth.



Journalistic freedoms.



The first amendment covers me too,

But I am unable to speak in some directions.

Unable because someone could pounce on me for expressing every one of my opinions and observations in printed form.

 
The newspaper charges for articles about poverty.

I wonder to myself, What would real freedom feel like?

Then, I wonder what is in the pay version of the paper I don't see?
I look for news and truth somewhere else.
Wonderful perfect July weather in Vermont.
No time to edit this word ramble...I'm going outside. mary






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!