Thursday, January 23, 2014

Seesaw Part Deux, Early Friday night music preview....

Seesaw,
nominated for a Grammy,
that's not why I am posting this.
I am posting this because the music gets me all the way, through my whole being,
this is the music of my foundation,
my rock.
my time.
Used to watch Dad zoning out with a whiskey sour and some big band music.
It took him back,
before the war, before responsibilities,
before jobs,
and tedium, taxes, politics, unions,
stickers for this and that,
before checkbooks.
When he walked into a club and the music took him away.
Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Bigs bands. 
Our generation? the Boomers?

this will do for me... the playlist from Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa et al series of videos on Seesaw...wow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!