Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Squeezing

Squeezing

Already feeling a squeeze,
when property taxes are predicted
to
Rise,
not be
Reformed
(still hoping).

If all
Citizens
are to share the
Cost,
then property owners
should not bear the brunt
Alone.

Somehow the voters allow
this warped complex
System
of
Statewide Property Taxes,
that are locally
collected
at varying times of the year
and enforced
using tax sales in as little as 6 months late
(or not, at the discretion
 of one person in each town)

Income sensitivity
is another challenging
math experiment.
Only parts are income sensitive
and the others
are not.

So after the awful
hurricane damage
I understand some have
 little to pay taxes on.

It is just hard to explain
why no one saw
my suffering
when I asked for abatement.

Now when my taxes might be raised
and another non property owning VT resident
does not pay a tax,
and my property
ownership
is
further Eroded,
do I have a standing to say
this is an unfair hardship
to property owners?

How can we reform
the VT property tax system
to stop all this
Squeezing?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!