Saturday, February 1, 2014

Psalm Challenge 141

Psalm Challenge 141

Psalm 141

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

141 Of understanding for David. A prayer when he was in the cave. [1 Kings 24.]
2 I cried to the Lord with my voice: with my voice I made supplication to the Lord.
3 In his sight I pour out my prayer, and before him I declare my trouble:
4 When my spirit failed me, then thou newest my paths. In this way wherein I walked, they have hidden a snare for me.
5 I looked on my right hand, and beheld, and there was no one that would know me. Flight hath failed me: and there is no one that hath regard to my soul.
6 I cried to thee, O Lord: I said: Thou art my hope, my portion in the land of the living.
7 Attend to my supplication: for I am brought very low. Deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.
8 Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the just wait for me, until thou reward me.


Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA) by Public Domain




___________________________________






....these are Lake Champlain flood pictures from a few years ago...



As I listened to the captivating musical mastery by Sister Rosetta Thorpe,
This recording rose above the other stellar recordings, each one a gem.
Sister has me in her spell.
Didn't it Rain....and Joshua...
and her signature looking upwards....
The link from YT. Continuing in the adoration of Rosetta Thorpe...
Helping me interpret where the music came from that I hold so dear...
Helping me see a person who struggled, worked hard, accomplished an amazing career,
inspired generations, broke barriers, broke rules, bet she broke a few strings,
and never missed a beat.
 


 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!