Friday, July 18, 2014

Breakthrough in MS research at FAHC - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Breakthrough in MS research at FAHC - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-


notes: Dr. Applebee is my trusted doctor who I mention, and revere in my ms story "Wheelchair Repellant". She was a fellow at the time, hand picked by the master, Dr. Hillel Panitch. He is known in part for his pioneering research on interferons.
He believed people with ms could be helped, and if you don't know neurologists like I do (having worked many years as a nurse and now patient), you do not know how rare that is. I wrote a story about him, "For my doctor".
When i moved to vt in 1981, I went to work on the neurology-male urology hospital unit.
Interesting mix. I was 23.
I did not appreciate at the time how many great neurologists came to UVM-at that time called medical center hospital of vermont. Keeping fingers crossed for our docs and research participants...
meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!