Friday, January 6, 2012

Placebo

Placebo
Will cut to the chase.
I was taking a placebo and Copaxone after all.
The power of imagination, suggestion, hope?
Makes the placebo effect.
I was totally shocked and the clinic staff were comforting to me,
happens to the best of us!
Also relieved that Copaxone has been very effective for me.
I have undergone 4 years serial MRI's, exams, etc.
My stability is a welcome thing and not having to fund 2 meds,
also welcome.
my day:
All morning I wondered, while engaged in work which helped distract my thoughts.
Then the trip up the valley to the clinic.
I brought the camera and wanted to snap one at the Overlook on Spear St. It is a nice little park with the only remaining public lake view.
Been wanting to get a panoramic on a nice day.
It was, alas, overcast but still beautiful. Some trees have grown up, cutting the view up.
Too bad.
Then I took one by the fountain where my Dad & Mom took pictures


Then one more southerly,
Adirondacks in the distance across lake Champlain
Then I got the news at the clinic and have a weird relief
and surprise.
So thought I would google Placebo when I got home.
I know the clinical thing. We used to actually adminster
placebos, years ago, and they were sometimes more effective
than the real thing.
This band Placebo was more interesting,
although the video link may not be
appropriate for some audiences,
watch at your own risk.
I found it telling of some of the times and
have heard this song before but never with this intensity.
Have a great day
mary







4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you didn't get a chance at the new meds, but it's good to know that you are stable without them. Might be the power of positive thinking?
    Placebo, a great alternative band that started back in the 90's. One of my faves of that era. This is actually a cover of a Kate Bush song.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. Interesting about this placebo effect. Love it that you know this band. I liked their powerful videos. Have a great day! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe in the power of placebo so it isn't all a loss is it?

    What do you think? Are you going to stay on the placebo? =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherry. Very funny. I do not think Placebos work if you know they are fake. All that saline went down the drain. No more IM shots. Straight copaxone for me. It actually simplified my stress about advocating for 2 expensive drugs. I only need one. Have a great day, or even Believe you will have a great day! Mary

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!