Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Meditation Gateway

As my Wii trainer advises me, "Follow my lead, let's do some deep breathing together."
And I do.
I even learned to breathe through my nose in and out.
I get 2 virtual coins for that. Breathing!
Yes it does slow you down, take you somewhere else, transcend your problems.
Just breathe!
Then I try the lotus flame or whatever it is called.
You stare at the flame and if you lose concentration and fidget, it gets blown out. Either way you might hear footsteps, coming, anticipating, testing your concentration even more. Making you think harder.
Then suddenly the candle is blown out and your score displayed.
As I meditate, the world starts to look orderly even in its chaotic appearance.
I see MS as a candle, a burning flame. We sometimes hear the footsteps, sometimes a sudden loss, a candle going out. We never know when the footsteps will come, when the flame will go out.
I believe that intention could help and stress tears down function.
And that knowing you don't know makes it hard to concentrate some days.
My friends and fellow bloggers help me focus on the flame, and let my breath out.
Mary Gerdt