Saturday, March 15, 2014

Hey, Another Saturday Night...

Hey,
Another Saturday Night,
Always loved that Dead song.

Since attending a Midnight Ramble
at Levon Helm's Barn,
Saturday nights have a different meaning.

Every Saturday,
We think,
What's happening at the Barn?
couple hundred miles south of here,
Levon's Barn in Woodstock, NY.

So as I randomly zoned out to twitter feed,
Current events real time,
I ran into Marc Cohn's twitter feed...
Concert schedule, work, music, work.

And every time I see Marc Cohn's face,
I think of Levon.

Because his song so perfectly captured a time,
an era,
a moment.

The last time I posted this, one of my blogger friends asked if I was the Mary in the song...
Sweet.
I wouldn't mind.
It was a long time ago,
before cell phones and halogen lights,
and distractions of 2014.

We were listening to Levon....

From YT








hey marc...in 2008 I was 50...don't remember a blue valiant,
olive coloured fury maybe,
and my hair is blonde...
I was definitely listening to levon....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!