Monday, May 3, 2010

Cross Hairs

Cross Hairs

2010 by Mary E. Gerdt


Some saw us or what we have




as a target



And we got



Caught in the crosshairs



Of their eco-war.







How they care about the



Alleged habitat



Of the little bat


And not us.







And when I try to understand



How hard it is to know



Those around us can hate us so.







My Great Great Grandfather died on Shiloh’s soils

To free the slaves and do the right thing.

Speaking broken english, suffering death,

Was he caught in a battle of someone’s else’s thoughts?







When I caught MS I never thought



Anything could hurt like



When they caught us in the



Cross hairs of their

Eco-ewar

Until they did, again.

2 comments:

  1. Mary, thought-provoking poem. Thank you also for the beautiful comment you left on my blog today. Luckily the comments get emailed to me so I read your complete text. On the blog itself only a portion is shown and for reasons I can't figure out, the comment section is disabled so I can't acknowledge and thank those that have stopped by. Just know I appreciate it. I am in awe that something I wrote could bring tears to someone's eyes. It makes producing these poems really meaningful. Thank you again.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy. I do not know how to fix your comments issue but blogger help sometimes can help.I love comments to feel I am on the right track.Mary

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!