Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kundalini

"Kundalini" My Mom said to me as we talked about the benefits of gardening.
Mom is nearly 85, now, without the internet in an assisted living. Look it up, she said.
How did she pull that word from her head? Sharp as a tack Mom is and a wealth of information.
I knew when I dug in the dirt I just felt better. Was it the sun? The freedom? The accomplishment?
Or Kundalini?

Sometimes we have signs all around us, almost screaming if you really take a good look.
Yet we may ignore it using human filtering, mechanisms of denial, cognitive patterns of thought making a screen.

Pay attention, I want to say.
When Mom says Kundalini, look it up.
I did and still thinking about a figure 8 image (like the infinity sign) at the base of my spine.
Or is it a coiled snake?
Energy goes up the spine and down, from the earth. Balance is good.

There's a lot more on google and many ways to explain. Look it up.

For me, Kundalini verifies by me doing the Wii this winter, I have better balance and flexibility for gardening.
Oh, yes, that is where we have been since Saturday.
We finally have a beautiful long hot weather and now feeling the push to get the plants out, seeds in and get my hands in the dirt for some of that good old fashioned, Mother prescribed Kundalini.

The early sun of near solstice woke me up and I have felt the need to post.
The lawn mowed,we watered the garlic and shallots, ate fresh asparagus and a year old spaghetti squash on the grill, listened to the songbirds and got in touch with kundalini.

There, all better.
Thanks Mom.

3 comments:

  1. You have a wise mother.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked it up. =)

    Interesting or eerie, take your pick but it is something my daughter studied while learning Eastern/Western massage therapy techniques. She was very into energy techniques.

    Gardening....a real pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks folks for stopping by.Mom is brilliant and curious about alternative viewpoints.The more I learn the more I want to learn more.Mary

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!