Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ignorance or Arrogance?

Ignorance or Arrogance?
What was the root of their motivations?
__________________________________________________________

We may forgive the ignorant soul,
Unknowing, uneducated, innocent one.

But the Arrogant one,
Who breaks all the rules,
Dares you to challenge them
Ignores you when you do or
Argues you are the devil, or evil or dumb.

Playground tactics every one.
I grew up on the asphalt turf
Running on sidewalks
Skinning elbows and knees.
I have been called every name the neighborhood could dish out
to make my face red.

I came out here to the country airs,
Life without cares,
Soft green grass, cool sunshine, mountain breeze.
And there are those kids on the playground again.

No matter what I gave or
Stayed out of the way,
The kids will soon find me
and try to take myself away.

Here in the natural beautiful hills,
We fight the elements,
We fight our ills,
We fight the creeps who want our till.
The ashphalt playground memories
Once so sad,
After the country jungle,
They don't seem so bad.

Monkton Vermont 5/9/2010

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you're fighting battles at all, but we humans tend to bare fangs whether on grass or on concrete. Somewhere, hidden among the preening of who's on top, there must be some gentleness to find. I will die believing that. Best of luck.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy! When the light shines on all this I believe good things will come. Thanks again for your support!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found the word gentleness. I sometimes have a hard time finding that one. Is that me? or not me? Or both? or neither?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!