Thursday, April 29, 2010

Don't talk to the aliens

I heard the news on the radio and Steve Hawkins said don't talk to the aliens. I can see why, since that human curiosity may kill us like the proverbial cat.
Mars Attacks, the finest Sci-Fi movie ever, showed that arrogant earthly personality types can be their own worst enemy.
However,
This is a Travelogue for the Universe. At least my goal is to reach across the the galaxy and see what is possible.
When I was quite young, nearly 45 Earth years ago, As I shone my flashlight to the sky I was beaconing a sign, is it too late to retract my signal?
Or could the aliens now intercept our blogosphere, curious about our personalities, bad habits, indulgences, gripes and wishes?
Will they see through the words, misinterpret and be offended, or embrace us as their own alien family?
All I know, is when they land, if they want to destroy me, it is no more than others that have come before them.
If they extend their hand, Mr. Hawkins, respectfully, it would have been a long trip and I probably would offer them a sparkling ethanol beverage.
Mary Gerdt, Monkton, Vermont 2010 AD earth. Martian name Aryanna.

2 comments:

  1. You mean to tell me the ETs weren't here all along?
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the dialogue begins....it is inevitable.Thanks for keeping me thinking, Judy.
    Mary, er, Aryanna.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!