Friday, November 5, 2010

Stick Season

When I moved to VT, it was about right now or so celestially speaking.
It was the beginning of Stick Season when
The Green Mountains are brown with some spotty evergreen trees.
This picture shows a very mild March day.
Still the sticks look like today, November, all dead looking.
Hard to imagine it all lush and green again but so goes the cycle.
Also that first year,1981, it was really hard for me to comprehend what the Green Mountains really looked like in summer. I was anxious to see, between stick season and snow on the ground until May, just what Katie had told me, what a beautiful place.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds of Don Quichote - a role model for me. Please have a good weekend.

    daily athens

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!