Thursday, November 3, 2011

A letter

A Letter

from the clinic,
nearly left it
there,
on the table,
by my diary,
of my shots
i have had
for
4 years
now,
but the letter,
had a feel there,
out of place,
i had a
feeling,
it was not a simple
letter
but a message
that
my study
will
end soon.

I told
my patty,
my sweet voice
who monitors
my
progress,
that
it was
weird,
being told after
4 years
that this will all
change,
somehow.
She said,
everybody felt
that way.
Seemed like I was just getting used to it,
having more faith that this is the right
regimen.
Knowing the
funding
has a lot to do
with
well,
everything,
and politics,
is right up there too,
and when we feel
powerless,
it is because
we
are.
stay tuned, you know as much as i do.
will find the results of my study in January
and discuss next steps.
4 years no exacerbation,
hope they keep me on what i am on,
whatever that turns out to be.
mary

4 comments:

  1. I love the way you wrote this, it sad the study is ending, 4 years without exacerbation wow. mkm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary, It hit me a few days later. I was having exacerbations every 2 years. My Dr. Panitch who is gone believed in this regimen of copaxone plus avonex. Better efects acting in two positive ways. I believe synergistic-ly. If it proves successful, will the expense be the deciding factor? thanks for stopping by. mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to this MS thing so thanks for being a beacon of light for me.
    I start Copaxone in Dec. So glad to hear the combo worked for you. What is the next step for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Daze-Y :) I loved your recent post and have a hard time commenting for some reason. I would listen to Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen and Born to Run. Ignore nurses who do not understand. Shields up. Next step will be revealed to us later this month and more info in January. Copaxone is a fine drug. It might be what I end up on. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!