Sunday, July 25, 2021

CPAP Recall and The Unheard

 The first time I heard about Sleep Apnea was on ICU Rounds with Dr. Jason Kelly.

Nurses were invited to participate and we really did have a Great Relationship that, in turn,

Benefited our Patients.

Jason described Sleep Apnea Patients as “Pickwickian”. After the Charles Dickens character.

Below a perfect resource:

https://www.thoracic.org/patients/patient-resources/resources/obesity-hypoventilation-syndrome.pdf

Eventually at some point I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea.

I stop breathing while asleep.

So I was fitted with a Positive Pressure Breathing Device known as CPAP.

My Health, Sleep, Mood all improved..

That was Years ago.

Everything was settled,

Until Phillips Recalled their CPAP machines.

Pieces of foam can be breathed in by me.

Don’t use the machine the warning went out on social media weeks before my Sleep office knew.

 The silence of Media is an insult to  the Millions of Patients affected.

Millions of people without ability to replace an essential piece of equipment.

I got my new Res Med machine and last night I slept 7 blissful hours.


Before tonight, Before Restarting  CPAP 
My sleep never more than 5 hours.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!