Monday, February 5, 2018

Deep Cuts

 
I received no response from Senator Leahy about this email (below).
The Monkton selectboard seems disinterested in my concerns.
Still I feel I must ask again to see how we were notified re: 10/13/2009 tax sale of our property (was it both properties?) and what were you going to sell?
Can you settle my mind and tell me my 14th amendment rights were not violated, outside of suing you all to get this information.
You must at least send me the info I asked for: how I was noticed or documented attempts, etc.
Also the minutes where my property was discussed-at any public meeting.
I am willing to pay for copies.
 
And please address what I feel is an unfair delinquent tax policy.
At least give people a couple of years. Other towns never sell the property.
Do not use an attorney with a conflict and charge us $1000 for his work anyway.
That is a burden no other delinquent for 9 months tax payer has had since 2004 policy was started.
Times are tough all the time in this town it seems.
You were so eager to sell in October that year, another first.
But I never heard about your annual November tax sale this year.
Our poor neighbor it seems had to ask about when the next sale would be.
This for another property owned several generations
Your minutes are missing.
Please respond.
Mary Gerdt
 

From: Alvarita1@aol.com
To: Senator_Leahy@leahy.senate.gov
Sent: 12/22/2010 5:27:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Re: From Senator Patrick Leahy
 
Thanks for your response.
I have raised these issues both locally and statewide at the VT tax department, Governor, Secretary of State. No one will help me.
That is why I ask you, Senator, how I can defend my constitutional rights for free, not $10,000 for a lawyer who rightfully says it is iffy going against city hall.
My 14th amendment rights were violated.
 
The town says I did not have a right to notice when my property's tax lien was about to be sold to the highest bidder. The Town of Monkton thought my husband should tell me. That I am furniture. Call me et al.
 
I believe in part the town acted to try to take property for Raven Ridge which you helped fund and which we never were notified about in any way. The Secretary of State said we could sue whoever did the preserve. Why would we do that? Why don't people just act per the rules?
I do not like finding out our property was on an ecological priority list.
I do not like this system where people just figure they can take what you have.
 
So if you are not where I should go to defend my constitutional right to my property,
then perhaps you could tell me which senator might be interested. Claire Ayer never returned my email.
This topic, it seems is not very popular.
 
Thanks you for your time.
As a Vermont citizen, you might want to review your town's tax sale policy and consider the implications if everyone that was 9 months late had their property sold without their notice.
My office in AHS deals with economic benefits for the poor. None had heard of tax lien sales after only 9 months.
 
I will never stop my quest to bring light to this unfair, arbitrary,asset robbing process.
Thanks for your time. Happy Holidays.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!