Monday, February 5, 2018

The Poultice That doesn’t Heal

Dear Ms. Gerdt:

Thank you for contacting me about your property taxes in Monkton.  I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

As a United States Senator, I am not involved in the State of Vermont's tax process.  However, I would strongly encourage you to contact the Vermont Secretary of State's Office which can provide you with information about the laws of local municipalities and options that may be available to you.  You can find contact information and services that they provide on their website at http://www.sec.state.vt.us/.  Additionally, I would advise you to contact the Vermont Department of Taxes and speak with Mark Paulsen who oversees state property tax assessors.  He can be reached at 802-828-5870 or you may visit their website at http://www.state.vt.us/tax/index.shtml.

I hope you find this information useful.  Best of lucking resolving this matter.  Please keep in touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!