Saturday, April 11, 2009

My power animal

Jasper Sean is my power animal.
This sentence will ping the world wide web and some may wonder, what is a power animal?
Brenda my co worker who descends from Native American medicine people, told me a power animal eats you.
What?? I thought?
I wanted it to be a wolf since when younger, I wrote "Wolf's Den" in gray model car paint inside the little funky closet in my bedroom at that time on 128 East High.
It was my secret hiding place even when no one was looking for me. It was blistering smotheringly hot or freezing damp deep cold. I love wolves (from far away). Coyotes are scary sounding to me.
Then I thought perhaps my animal is a cat.
In the next few days Jasper Sean would be biting my fingers (we call him Sean after nephew Daniel Sean who was born the same year). I finally realized, He is my power animal!
(Sean looks like Paca, who brother Dan et al will remember.)
I tried to train him to high five and now he high five claws and has started love bites which with his wildness, sometimes hurt but have not bled.
There is a picture of Sean with our Captain Blakely in March 2008 on Town Meeting in my other mothballed blog.
Is there an animal eating at you? It may be your power animal.
Food for thought.
Yesterday, in a planned action by the neighbors, the sheep barn, granary and another building came down with the excavator and went up in flames. It was a welcome act. Today we saw the vulture named Ed checking out the final burning smoldering pile.
Our views are opening up to the west and it feels a relief. The poor old buildings were beyond repair and with their elimination, a new era here in NW Monkton.
Spring is arriving in morsels of warm days cool nights. The taps are off the maple trees. Some poor Vermonter is being held captive in the Indian Ocean. Say a prayer for him and his wife whose privacy is being hijacked by overzealous news reporters.
When they say she is in seclusion they don't know what people do in Vermont when the spring starts, mud season and you live on a remote back road. That means we don't invite news media or more cars to rut up our driveway.
Sean is napping as he likes to do.
I think he would approve of me saying he is number one power animal. I was surprised at my feline tendencies when I thought myself more canine.
Meow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!