Monday, July 29, 2019

A Letter


I wrote this one:


Dear Representatives,
I am a Retired Disabled Registered Nurse who suffers from Multiple Sclerosis which causes Extraordinary  Pain, Depression, Fatigue, And so much more. My husband and I moved to Virginia from Vermont due to Financial And Social Reasons. I am very happy I did. I am, however, unable to access Medical Cannabis and even the recently legalized oil in Virginia is neither available nor are my Doctors at UVA able to certify my need because the process for approval is so complicated. Apparently the UVA Neurologist And Primary Care Doctors Don’t Understand they have to be certified to say I have extraordinary pain from Multiple Sclerosis. Ironically, Washington DC Has Medical Cannabis available and legalized but only fro residents. Last fall I was swindled out of $500 Bitcoin on Twitter by a Twit who said he would mail me some. It was foolish I know but I have had such pain. After I paid, he blocked me. Twitter really didn’t care. I guess I learned let the buyer beware. I am still in pain. Piecing together CBD products which are partially effective. I consulted with Dr. Jordan Tishler, an expert on Cannabis and he asked if I could get to Colorado. I cannot. I hope you can change these laws which force me to either suffer or seek Opioids. It’s hard to explain how badly I hurt. Please help.

As your constituent, I am writing to urge your support for the Marijuana, Opportunity, Reinvestment, and Expungement (MORE) Act, which would remove marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act.

The ongoing prohibition of marijuana financially burdens taxpayers, encroaches upon civil liberties, engenders disrespect for the law, impedes legitimate scientific research into the plant's medicinal properties, and disproportionately impacts communities of color.

Never in modern history has there existed greater public support for ending the nation's nearly century-long experiment with marijuana prohibition. According to nationwide polling data done by Gallup in October 2018, 66% of US voters endorse regulating the adult-use of marijuana.

The Marijuana Opportunity, Reinvestment, and Expungement (MORE) Act is supported by voters and comports with the changing legal, cultural, and political status of marijuana and those who consume it responsibly.

If passed, this bill would decriminalize the substance at the federal level and enable states to set their own policies. The MORE Act would also allow the existing state-legal marijuana industry to no longer be barred from accessing financial services or standard tax treatment as every other legal business. Similarly, veterans will have better access to medical marijuana with VA doctors no longer risking federal prosecution for filling out state-legal medical recommendations.

Please sign on as a cosponsor of the MORE Act.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!