Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tom of the Morning

Tommy
Troublemaker Tomcat
Barncat heritage
Classic Black & White.
born circa Y2K

When I read somewhere someone asked if cats can be service animals,
I had no doubt in my mind,
absolutely

They give you a reason to get up, they are relentless
in their
selfishness
self-centered
ordered, orderly, regimental, disciplined
(he expects discipline from us and he does not return in kind)
and
Adorable, endearing, purringly delightful cooing sounds he makes
to say
I love you,

and in turn,
my daily morning ritual is to sing to him,
"Tommy's in the basement, mixing up the medicine,
I'm on the pavement, thinking 'bout the government."
as I open his can of food, he selects,
I dump it on the plate, He latches on to the meaty gravy bites,
gobbles full force, now arrogantly oblivious to me,
and then
we both are reassured.
we are on schedule
and we know,
 it will be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!