Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Raspberries are wild

The Raspberries up back are wild and make you suffer a thousand tiny needle like picks from the stems to enjoy the perfect, purely purple sweetness and the texture of the tiny seeds, once a nuisance and now a powerful antioxidant.
I started on the north end and made my way around clockwise. As I picked, I marvelled at how I would turn away to pick a new area and look back at where I just picked and see a whole new bunch of ripe berries.
The question that remained was: did they ripen before my eyes or were they there all along? And, if the latter is true, when I saw the first ripe berries, did they obscure their ripe partners? Were the raspberries doing a magic trick?
I froze 2 bags and added the rest to some vanilla yogurt,
gave up wondering about when the berries ripen,
then had my special and rare dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,


    Lovely post could almost smell the raspberries.

    Came by to say hello hope you are doing well and enjoying the summer.

    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!