Saturday, July 18, 2009

Don't read if you are not pro or neutral to Sarah Palin

I'll just warn you up front.
If you read it and dislike SP, your B/P will rise and you won't call me anymore.
So just censor yourself if you harbor hate towards "her".
I tried to send this to Kparker but her website is busted, or broken or whatever.
She seems to love one woman over another so I call this
A Tale of Two Women.
My letter to respond to articles in the Burlington Free Press this past week.
Remember the Golden Rule when you express yourself. I tried as best as I am able.

Hello Ms Parker,
I read your opinions on Sarah Palin and Ms. Sotamayor and I am once again puzzled by the modern professional woman who feels she must ooze respect for one woman she admires and rip apart another she detests.
Nancy Drew might be surprised at your hacking apart Ms. Palin since it was a kinder, gentler time when those stories were written.
You say you are sympathetic to a childless woman, yet you mock one who had a down's baby, 4 others, Governor of a large state and nominated to be a Vice Presidential candidate.
Personally, I cannot state that I like Sarah Palin out loud or I get attacked.
Why, when she is a woman I can identify with?
Your words:
"But when Sotomayor and I were girls, there were few girl-oriented books and fewer female professional role models. On my weekly visit to the public library, I checked out as many women's biographies as I could find, searching for someone with whom I could identify.
These recollections are recounted for the single purpose of illustrating that we are all products of our life experiences. The empathy I feel for motherless children is boundless. My understanding of the world having grown up a minority in an all-male household, feeling outside the mainstream of whole families, is different from those who had both a mother and a father.
And though I never requested or wanted special consideration, my sense of the world as I navigated the testosterone-rich environment of America's old newsrooms as one of relatively few women is not the same as that of my male counterparts."
Wow, Sarah deals pretty well with the testosterone rich guys in Alaska. And then on the national stage.
And then on the media stage, and then defending herself against frivolous legal actions.
Your words (my comments in brackets)
"She is not intellectually curious{Ouch!-not good enough college for you?}. We need and have smart, competent alternatives.”
"Undoubtedly and understandably, Palin is weary of the fray{she is pretty high energy that I have seen}. The crucial turning point was the attacks on her family. No one can honestly make the case that the Palins didn’t take more heat than other public families.{does even that anger you??} That said, it isn’t difficult to avoid media attention. All one has to do is go to Alaska and stay put. {run away you little girl-or stand up?}But Palin, like the giddy Icarus, seems drawn to heat and light{I bet SNL wants her back}Palin also blamed frivolous ethics charges as a reason for her premature retirement. Alaskans lately have turned against the once-popular governor and filed complaints that have run up legal fees in the $500,000 range.{Were the opposing lawyers democrats?} Nobody wants that, surely, but that’s chump change {Is this in your journalistic dictionary?} for Palin, whose supporters tossed $400,000 her way the first month SarahPAC went online...Fortunately, Palin has hired a writer to help with her tell-all{ouch!you think she can't spell?}
Insiders {Who?? Are they Friends of yours?} confirm that Palin felt she couldn’t accomplish as much as a besieged governor as she can as a private citizen working behind the scenes. While those facts may be true, the sidebar reveals a convenient rationale. The usual rule applies: Follow the money.As a public speaker, Palin will be golden." {Oh yes she will and people like myself will go see her and shake her hand for standing up for her family, herself and the right of us all to speak our minds.
Yes, you have a right to slay Sarah and praise Ms Sotamayor.
I see two women who struggle in a man's world and wish them both the best.
I bet Nancy Drew would too.
Thank you for considering my comments.
Mary Gerdt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!