Monday, October 27, 2008

Tommy and the Ghost

Tommy and the Ghost
I never really got to this story and you might have been wondering if there was a story to Tommy, our classic barn black and white Tomcat and the ghost, actually technically a hag looking out our east window. I think I posted it a couple weeks ago. My how "time" flies...

This is the last week before the days when the veil becomes thinner between the world/plane as we know it and the supernatural, the world beyond.
We were advised of ghosts before we came here so long ago. Many generations lived here. Locks on every door. Mysteries and shadows. Creaks you can't explain.

Being fond of ghosts and trapped souls and black and white stray cats, this picture captured it all.

The stray sounds in our house are mostly explainable. Moving Air by wind or water through the pipes, wind, cat paws on the stairs, rats running up the walls in fall. This is a farm after all. The cats see to it the rodents don't live long.
Once in awhile something happens and I look and say, who did that? It feels like a supernatural presence. I also hope they watch as I take a shovel to the road or load firewood or sell vegetables and thereby feel like I paid my dues too. I guess ghosts are as much about being happy that you are there. Likewise they do get a bad rap for doing trickery.

Here as I filmed my favorite rascal barn cat Tommy looking out the east kitchen window near where lightning reportedly struck many years ago, the ghost who we call Hag looks out over the curtain. She is such a trickster. She could be noisier, or more of a bother and I wouldn't mind. She doesn't even do the classic throw the plate or glass up against the wall. So we do get along and I know she looks out for Tommy when we are away.

Soon the veil will return with All Saint's Day, Saturday November 1st.
So until then, look for the Hag and her kind lurking in the shadows, desperate to be noticed, longing to return to the material plane.
Forgotten and lonely at times. Be kind to them. Their lives were always harder than you could know.

Happy Hallowe'en.
from tommy and the hag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!