Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Spruce Tree,Tommy and the Ghost


the spruce tree tommy and the ghost

Here is my nature story for the week.
We just cleared about 100 dollars total on the farm stand this year.
We called it "eat the farm" because when you eat our vegetables you are eating all the rain, minerals etc that come off the farm.
We were wondering what to buy and I really wanted an evergreen tree. They are always green and it will grow and be here a long time.
Not like dinner out or some plastic crap from Wal-Mart.
We went to 4 seasons and the prices were way out there.
We found the last 5 foot tall spruce at home depot marked down half price to 35 dollars.
We planted it 2 days ago with the full moon on the rise. "hunter's moon"
Fred had to cut all the burlap and string out of the roots since they had neglected the poor tree.
We found a place it won't block the sun but we can see it everyday. It symbolizes that we have officially arrived home, 16 years after moving here.
A religious experience for sure.
Then I looked up "spruce" trees and Spruce was an ancient word for Prussia, the country Fred and my Dad's ancestors came from.
With dΓ©jΓ  vu we experience the same thing over and over. In my view of reality there is no time. No first, no last. everything is and always is. Everything is now. Nothing to "get through". My human flaw says, "hate that one" or "I will get through this". My metaphysical side says, you will have to go here again because you are always going through this. What am I learning on this material plane?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!