Sunday, March 24, 2024

Psalm 5

 Psalm 5


Lead Me in Your Righteousness


To the choirmaster: for the flutes. A Psalm of David.


    [1] Give ear to my words, O LORD;

        consider my groaning. 

    [2] Give attention to the sound of my cry,

        my King and my God,

        for to you do I pray. 

    [3] O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice;

        in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch.


    [4] For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;

        evil may not dwell with you. 

    [5] The boastful shall not stand before your eyes;

        you hate all evildoers. 

    [6] You destroy those who speak lies;

        the LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.


    [7] But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love,

        will enter your house.

    I will bow down toward your holy temple

        in the fear of you. 

    [8] Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness

        because of my enemies;

        make your way straight before me.


    [9] For there is no truth in their mouth;

        their inmost self is destruction;

    their throat is an open grave;

        they flatter with their tongue. 

    [10] Make them bear their guilt, O God;

        let them fall by their own counsels;

    because of the abundance of their transgressions cast them out,

        for they have rebelled against you.


    [11] But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;

        let them ever sing for joy,

    and spread your protection over them,

        that those who love your name may exult in you. 

    [12] For you bless the righteous, O LORD;

        you cover him with favor as with a shield.


O LORD, Deliver My Life


To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments; according to The Sheminith. A Psalm of David.


My interpretation:

Be the Best You can Be

Don’t worry about what the other guy does.

He or She will pay for their transgressions.

Be good, Friends,

God has your back 😎

Mary



    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!