Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year


Happy New Year
From the dark cold northeast US
Where I'll dream of apple blossoms tonight.
The cold winds howling
and snow flakes drifting, shifting in the moonless cloudy night.
That only means it's warmer
and the blue moon won't be seen
making it an even rarer occurence to enjoy.
Meanwhile the town still has not responded
to my requests to see what led them to want to sell my property
without even stopping by and telling me
I suppose I can call last year a decade ago,
Can I say it took them a decade to address my concerns?
I might be satisfied if they said they would never do this again to another person, another woman, another
woman person with or without MS.
But they will not.
Will they force me to seek "legal remedy" that as I said before is an
oxymoron.
They have let me go on long enough to publish it in this, my journal haven
read by friends I admire
and I hope entertain in some way.
Now share my hope that the town will snap out of their obstinate defiance to let me know
why were they taking my property?
why don't they think this is a big deal?
how will they stop this behavior?
I will not ask why they might hate me because a friend told me a Lakota truth
that anything you pay attention to gets bigger,
I decided I should pay attention to having a wonderful 2010 for my friends and I.
I will focus on resolving hateful behaviors by sludging through the bureaucracy.
I will send out happy thoughts to all you who read my blog and those who despise me as well.
What could it hurt?
Mary Gerdt, Monkton, Vermont 12.31.2009



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!