Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Travelogue for the Universe: Touching MS: Poetic Expressions

Travelogue for the Universe: Touching MS: Poetic Expressions: A  book by Jennifer Evans.... An anthology of poetry relating to Multiple Sclerosis, The MonSter. The sunny side is she picked one of mine..

Rerun of a Book of Poetry about Multiple Sclerosis.
My Poem

340

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Poetry: 340 and Music

Three Four Oh


340 



The code 


Some one 


Thought 


Should describe what 


I have and others have 


And try to describe 


By words 


And symptoms 


As varied 


As the colors on a rainbow. 






340 


The international number 


That doctors use 


And insurance companies 


Cringe at when they see 


The number 


That means expensive 


Meds, treatments and tests 


And a person who may not work 


Long enough to pay it all back 






340 


I looked for wisdom in that number 


And some sign 


That the number meant something to me 


Or those others with what I have 


That quirky strange set of symptoms no one can see but me right now 


Some day perhaps I could be identified 


By wheels or a cane or a staggering gait. 


For now I can keep others from knowing 


What I have 


Is 


340 


_____________________________________________________

notes: "340" is the International Coding Term for Multiple Sclerosis.
It is used for Doctors, Hospitals, billing, etc.
in numerolgy it is reduced to "7" which is a very unique number. Am I over googling??? 
Oh, who cares....mary
_____________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!