Saturday, April 17, 2021

Meela Update and MonSter Rants

 Meela is stable at a reduced state of health.

She is eating gravy cat food products with tiny meat morsels.

She is sleeping for long periods and then gets up and saunters around and jumps on Fred’s lap or a chair. Always wants to go out on the porch. Me too. Colder this week.



Now for my MS Rant...


I follow several MS Academic Blogs. This one a Favorite. Still, Have to get my 2 cents in before my daily shot. My Response follows the link:


https://multiple-sclerosis-research.org/2021/04/minimalism-in-ms-more-is-less/?unapproved=108890&moderation-hash=bb3bc92ab21061fef91b41c043a8009c#comment-108890



My response:

Somedays I feel so old school, shooting up Copaxone for 7 years then switched to Glatopa. It’s an easy routine for Me, old Nurse. Needles old hat. No 25 mile clinic drive to the infusion clinic for infusions I could give myself at home. Oh, those hand IV’s are So nasty, especially when our Hands are sometimes our greatest asset. Why not infusaports? I started Copaxone in 2005 in the CombiRx study. I was found to be very stable and turned out was only on Copaxone. I thought it acted like a decoy for the little nerve chomping MonSters? I equate it to Bee Stings I saw Charles Mraz be called to administer in the 1980’s in Burlington Vermont. I feel like Copaxone is like a bee sting, tiny proteins robbing the MonSters of Something they need to Thrive. Would I be worse without it? I have no doubt. I was having exacerbations at several year intervals. Not treated until third one. No exacerbations since 2005 (knock on wood). As long as you mention a drug and say “We believe “ it acts a certain way, you aren’t being honest with yourselves. Copaxone needs to be respected as a good drug especially for an older Grandma like myself. Convenient, private, no IV’s, simple, effective.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!