Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Remyelination Is it Possible?

 Once in awhile I see a title and have to stop what I’m doing and comment.  

https://multiple-sclerosis-research.org/2021/02/remyelination-why-have-we-failed/?unapproved=105162&moderation-hash=790d8c9ea0d77c0065d4c4481a127985#comment-105162

It wasn’t a surprise, remyelination failure by humans.

I always feel the same reading any research on Multiple Sclerosis. Me, Once a Neuro Nurse, eager to help my patients get through high dose steroids after an exacerbation. MS 1980-ish.

No DMT’s. None, Not a one. 

Here come Mrs. Jones again....she can’t walk now.

Admit 5 days then to nursing home for rehab, she can’t handle much therapy.

Today, I got my old school Copaxone shot out to warm up. Often I think of Dr. Panitch who I grew to love for his love of beating the MonSter. He invited me to the CombiRx study when diagnosed in 2007. I was randomized to Copaxone only arm but had flu like symptoms with the weekly placebo Avonex shots. The mind Is powerful. I do think Copaxone offers the Proteins needed to bathe my nerves in soothing broth. The give and take, yin/yang, Flowing. Nothing is static. 

I think remyelination is Healing the Sheath.

Healing over scarred patches like a scab on a wound. Protective. Keeps rawness from spreading while the organism gets better, stronger.

Forget all your fancy mouse 🐁 drugs.

Think Vitamin needs, food for healing nerves.

How to remove toxins?

Prevention is key.

One element is to look at toxins the patient is exposed to.

Particularly Gadolinium. I believe it may do more harm than good.

Do little pieces of Gad do damage to the scarred places that light up on MRI?

Lastly, I recently started PT for my flat feet.

I am truly amazed at what foot exercises are doing for my balance, walking, knee pain.

Maybe this time I’ll keep doing her exercises after I’m done.

Thanks for listening 😎



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!