Friday, February 19, 2010

Martian Home

Martian Home.
by mary e. gerdt 2010
This is about my Martian home, a thought I have whenever I see
mars by hubble
my taxpayer dollars contributed to a portion of this image



No this is not "2001 Space Odyssey" which date we are long past and yet we are not taking space excursions or even very close.
No it is not Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury which is a book that peaked my interest in Sci Fi.
I am Martian by astrology, even by choice. I believe my ancestors came from Mars as it froze over or some other explanation. Or are there living beings still? Under that red cloak?
Ray Bradbury said he challenged himself to write a story every week. He is quite the story teller, complex, detailed, creative. That got me thinking I could write a blog, go on about something I hope is entertaining, fun, enlightening, or even the dark side.
Good and bad. So here is my mini tale of Martian memories yet to be. I will not profess to be a serious sci fi writer, but I do write about the universe as my chosen realm of interest. I look at Mars and wonder at the history of the markings, what is the depth? Are there any signs of life? I believe life is possible there. If we go there by 20**, (When do you think?) I say 2039.
I hope we do not hurt the living there but like Columbus' journey to the new world, our journey to Mars will be hurtful to someone on or off the planet and some will prosper, multiply and rewrite history.
Wonder if I'll make it back home some day.
mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!