Tuesday, August 25, 2009

13 Artichokes

13 Artichokes we picked today and a few were large, a few small and the rest medium.
Glorious in spite of the problems this year. Tiny aphids trying to chew the tough stems.
More globes maturing every few days and multiple tiny artichokes sprouting in pairs.
Spiny pin like pain when I encounter a spike from the foliage or globe tips and I ignore it to get close to watching this miraculous event. Artichokes in Vermont.
I hope your day was special in some way.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,
    How lovely to be eating your own artichokes, bet they are delicious.
    Have a good day.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Herrad.They are delicious and so unusual for our climate.I cannot help but smile when I see all the little baby artichokes. We lost most all of our tomatoes so this is our silver lining!Am thankful the weather is cooler again.We hope to open our self serve farmstand this weekend (without tomatoes.)
    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary,
    Wish I could come by.
    Love,
    Herrad
    ps what else do you grow?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!