Monday, March 30, 2009

Traveling journal

Today I got a traveling journal in the mail from Mrs. Robert's 3rd grade student David Roach from Farmersville, Ohio. It came from my nephew Danny in Texas.
So it is noteworthy on my travelogue that I refer to traveling journals as well.
It had been all over the country and had entries by Danny, my sister Nancy and friend Margo.
It turns out I am the last destination before being sent back to David Roach for the next step which is some sort of homework assignment.
I included a 2008 Fish and Game calender, a picture of a Morgan horse and an old National Geographic map of New England with some history of the settlement.
I left out the sky high taxes and urban sprawl and refuse to comment on global w*rming which is a bad word to those of us just coming out of a treacherous winter.
Oh yes, and the clash between the flatlanders, the natives and the in betweens. I preferred to focus on wildlife and historical progress.
We did not have a postcard of Vermont-I have plenty of anywhere but Vermont.
I did reference my blog that I hope Mrs. Roberts doesn't mind. I think it is generally clean in nature and I post local pictures here.
It was fun to see the different comments and what people focused on representing their part of the country.
I mentioned the 400th anniversary this year of Samuel deChamplain's discovery of Lake Champlain. Also maple sap is running.
I hope the journal becomes a treasured record of life all over the US in 2009.
bon voyage
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!