Friday, February 6, 2009

Notes on Plain as the Sky

Date: Eve of 2010.
Did you think we would make it? Did you think it would be like this? How is it anyway? Are you eating? Going really without? If you are not managing essential needs, seek help at your local Medicaid office. If you are eating and managing basics, be grateful. Conserve and pray for better days.

Notes on Plain as the sky.
Authors must all still have notes with scribbles, doodles, even with computers and weird looking accesories kids and some adults are hypnotized by. Thankfully I am not connected to the blackberry.
Here are my notes that I never wrote down.
The plain sky is because we have been doing old jigsaw puzzles and the sky is the bear. The worst was the Big Ben Clipper ships with huge sky and square edged pieces. With objects on the ground having colors, shapes and features, the sky can look plain at times. I like to think of clear summer days like the one in the photo. Blues and soft whites.
The light on the snow is plain. Simple light. The snow is a little glazed which makes the reflection sharper, more concentrated.
When I was shoulder height to my oldest brother David, we stood outside in the yard on 128 E. High. He shined a light up in the sky and had me do it. He said, "The light will go across the universe and someday in a long time, it will come back to you." He is now a successful and talented scientist whom I will always admire. Perhaps as much for him giving me hope and something to ponder as anything else. The rest of the poem: the thoughts of what might be and what is to many. And what do you think the light means? I leave that for you to ponder.
Mary Gerdt February 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!