Saturday, May 30, 2020

World MS Day

I follow a Doctor blogger who reminded me it’s World Multiple Sclerosis Day.
He wrote a thorough posting about how to manage from all perspectives.
I commented too, We’re all in this Together 😎🀝

My comments
approved.
Excellent assessment on World MS Day 2020.
Several theme emerge: Decisions: on Treatment plan, Work, Activities of Daily Living, How to meet needs.
I want: a Doctor Team at an Academic Medical Center Who are Partnered with Me.
Including Social Worker, Psychiatry and Pharmacists, PT, OT who schedule me in.
I want a Database I can use to monitor issues, prioritize visits, yes, telemedicine.
I want them to keep track of Gadolinium injections and think hard about using “routinely “.
I’m happy with Glatopa and too old to switch? No exacerbations since diagnosed 2007. Information is a blessing and a curse. Thanks for this. Employment a whole other realm. Luckily I was a Nurse and have a pension and decent health benefits. My Social Security not as high if I had not retired Disabled at age 56. A Social Worker could help with Vocational issues like accommodations, refer to Vocational Rehab (in USA) and when to apply for disability benefits.

His article 

Have a Great Day! Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!