Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Help



Dr. G needs a little help 😎



My comments..Mary Gerdt:
Thanks for asking! As an MS patient who is also a disabled Neuro nurse, I feel a few areas would be nice to add. Outline all the symptoms, including psycho-Social, financial stressors, relationships.
Depression, anger. I never knew what MS rage was until a patient’s wife explained. I had it too. Show Interview tapes of actual interview/assessments. Teach listening skills. In USA the right to self determination. Decision making matrix. Help Patients see the future, plan for it. Reassuring them at the same time. Humor, keeping it Light  where you can is essential. I like emailing my Doctors with nagging questions easily answered. I would eliminate waiting rooms and have patients enter exam room and sit at the computer and do a questionnaire first. My article about medication adherence and how it’s a fine line between being religious about taking DMT’s or giving up. https://traveloguefortheuniverse.blogspot.com/2011/09/wheelchair-repellant.html
Good luck! πŸ€ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!