Saturday, September 2, 2017

Cannabis: a patient pleads

Those who choose to keep Cannabis as an Illegal Substance, obviously do not know the Extraordinarily Distressed Suffering of The Pain of Multiple Sclerosis-Millions of Nerves, stripped of protective myelin. They don’t know what it’s like to sit on the neurologist’s table when your Doctor says, your Pain is part of Multiple Sclerosis. I could prescribe Opioids or write for Cannabis. 
Opioids are fraught with complications. 
What she didn’t know was what a hassle the state made for access. Rules, restrictions. Dispensary with limited supply, mysteriously dispensed, for absurdly high costs. 
Blue Cross? No, they would cover Opioids but not Cannabis. 
Medicare? Same Diff.
Where’s my denial with appeal letter? 
When my money goes dry, 
I’ll fade away on Opioids, 
covered since I’m past the donut hole.

1 comment:

Feel free to leave comments. Have a great day in the Universe!