- I will recognize that indigenous people are leading this struggle and will not engage in erasing or appropriating their experiences and history.
- I will be dignified and respectful in my behavior and communication and will avoid using vulgar language and gestures. These are serious issues, and our actions must be worthy of respect.
- I will be nonviolent in my actions and communication and will maintain decorum in all of my activities during the action. I will not engage in destruction or defacement of property or in actions that could physically harm another person.
- I will recognize the human rights of others and my individual responsibility to respect and uphold them.
- I assume all risks that may stem from taking part in this action. I will take accountability for my actions.
- I will respect the hard work of the organizers by helping to make the plan successful. This includes respecting the roles and responsibilities of the action liaisons. This action has a predetermined Police Liaison (someone who will communicate directly with law enforcement as long as possible), a Worker Liaison (someone who will communicate directly with workers or employees), and a Media Liaisons (people who will communicate directly with the media).
- I will defer to the predetermined media spokespeople and to the media liaison to communicate with the media. I will stay “on message” while/if engaging with the media and passersby.
- I will not criticize, attack or undermine anyone's actions to the police, the media, or the public at large, but will make any concerns I have known to the organizations involved in order to improve our work together.
- I recognize that the individual workers at TD bank are not responsible for the actions of TD bank. We will be respectful and courteous to workers at this action.
- I understand that any solidarity action naming Standing Rock will reflect back on the tribe, not on the white people doing the solidarity actions.
What to bring:
What not to bring:
What to wear:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Stop the Vermont Gas Pipeline" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.